Save More With Professional Garage Door Maintenance
Garage door maintenance helps you take care of all the things you value in and around your home or the workplace, and not to mention the working status of your garage door with our professional service. You can avoid many costly garage door repairs like broken garage door springs, snapped garage door cables, and even off-track garage door repair with routine annual or bi-annual maintenance.
Avoiding sudden repairs and replacement is a cost-effective way to care for your garage door and garage door opener. A timely garage door maintenance appointment with DC Garage Door & Services will significantly extend the life of both your garage door and garage door opener.
Avoid Costly Garage Door Repairs With Regular Maintenance
Most people don’t think about maintaining their garage doors. But, as with anything else mechanical, maintenance is a vital aspect of keeping your garage door opener in working order for longer. Generally, garage door maintenance should be done once each year, or before a major seasonal change, as explained in “How To Prevent Seasonal Damage To Your Garage Door” blog post.
Main At-Home Garage Door Maintenance Tips To Follow:
While we don’t advise D.I.Y. garage door repair, it is perfectly safe to maintain your garage door without a certification under your belt. Follow your five senses by listening and noticing how your garage door operates, and apply the following steps to your operating system when necessary.
- Listen for unusual sounds like grinding, popping, or banging from your garage door spring, cables, rollers, or tracks.
- Make sure there are no signs of rust on your garage door hardware or on the door’s exterior.
- Carefully clear away any dirt, dust, or debris surrounding your safety eye sensors and garage door tracks.
- If you notice anything missing, broken, or out of place, contact our office immediately.
- Always use a silicone-based lubricant that is meant for garage doors and its mechanisms.
- Apply garage door lubricant to the parts of your garage door that experience the most friction, or where you suspect grinding noises are coming from. We are happy to demonstrate how to apply garage door lubricant during our maintenance appointment.
- Contact DC Garage Door & Services if problems persist.
Make An Appointment
Better Understand How Your Garage Door System Works
Garage door maintenance is highly underrated because it helps both residential and commercial property owners better understand how their operating system all works together. Scheduling annual garage door maintenance will give you peace of mind that your garage door will be safe and efficient for many years to come. See below for the series of tests and services we have your garage door undergo during a maintenance appointment:
- Tightening and lubricating all moving parts
- Replacing any worn or faulty parts
- Checking safety mechanisms
- Conducting a force setting test
- Performing a door balance test and more!
Schedule Routine Garage Door Maintenance With Our DC Team!
Sign up for our professional garage door maintenance service, and our technicians will perform a combination of system inspections, balance tests, and more. To ensure the safety of your family, employees, and extend the life of your garage door, garage door maintenance needs to be part of your system and operations improvement routine. Don’t wait until your door refuses to open or close– schedule routine maintenance with DC Garage Door & Services, Inc today!
What is preventative maintenance?
Preventative garage door maintenance with DC Garage Door & Services means one of our skilled technicians will thoroughly check your garage door before an emergency occurs.
Can I reverse my noisy garage door with general garage door maintenance?
This may sound far-fetched, but something as simple as ensuring your garage door is regularly maintained could cure a noisy garage door. If your garage door is balanced, this relieves unnecessary strain for your opener’s motor, springs, tracks, and cables. Once we restore your door, we can better identify if wobbly garage door rollers, unbalanced garage door springs, or a burnt out garage door opener motor is the root of the problem.
What is a garage door tune-up?
A garage door tune-up is another name for the overall service your garage door undergoes including testing the balance of your door and lubricating all mechanisms if needed.
Now serving all of greater Northwest Illinois, Including; Addison, Roselle, Schaumburg, Bloomingdale, Carol Stream, Glendale Heights, Lombard, Elk Grove Village, Arlington Heights, Bartlett, Elmhurst, And Many More!
Cook County – DuPage County – Will County – Lake County – McHenry County